Two bandits pulled off a daring daylight robbery yesterday morning, invading a supermarket in Meten-Meer-Zorg, West Coast Demerara where they attacked the owner and escaped with an undisclosed amount of cash.
Staff of the Mercy Wings Vocational School in Sophia are pleading with the Guyana Telephone and Telegraph Company (GTT) to address a leaning telephone pole in front of their building.
The Movement Against Parking Meters has expressed outrage that clamping of motor vehicles is still continuing despite an order yesterday by the Minister of Communities, Ronald Bulkan suspending the bylaws that were created for the project.
ST JOHN’S, Antigua, CMC — West Indies selectors today named a 16-man squad to face Pakistan in the upcoming four-match Twenty20 series in Barbados and Trinidad and Tobago.
Minister of Communities Ronald Bulkan yesterday ordered the suspension of the by-laws for the city’s controversial metered parking system for 90 days as government effectively took the decision out of the hands of the Mayor and City Council (M&CC) on bringing the project to a halt.
Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP) Shalimar Ali-Hack has directed the reopening of the preliminary inquiry into the charge against Regan Rodrigues for the murder of political activist Courtney Crum-Ewing.
More than a year after it announced the end of sugar at Wales, the government yesterday sent its first high-level team to the West Bank Demerara community and heard demands for severance pay from former estate workers at a stormy meeting.
With questions mounting over the legality of recent drug purchases for the Georgetown hospital and the Guyana Trades Union Congress (GTUC) calling for a full investigation, Minister of Public Health Volda Lawrence is expected to issue a second explanation to clarify the matter as the government faces a major controversy over the violation of procurement rules.
Cabinet has greenlit a US$1 million contract for the construction of overhead pedestrian crossings at three locations along the East Bank Demerara Highway.
Suspended Chairman of the Public Service Commission (PSC) Carvil Duncan says that the removal of free security, telephone and electricity benefits, which he had been entitled to since taking office in 2014, is politically-motivated and he plans to approach the High Court to have them restored.
A businessman and farmer of Moruca, North West District was brutally chopped to death yesterday morning while on his way to his farm, and the suspect, said to be of unsound mind, has been taken into custody.
Winston Haynes, one of three former soldiers accused of raping a young woman at Camp Stephenson, Timehri, was yesterday charged with the crime and he was granted his release on $600,000 bail.
Justice Brassington Reynolds last week issued a provisional order for Attorney General Basil Williams SC to appoint the members of the Governing Board for the Deeds and Commercial Registries Authority.
Government may be one step closer to accessing the US$80 million currently being held by the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB) from the forest protection deal with Norway, for alternative green energy projects.
More than 30 Movement Against Parking Meters (MAPM) supporters parked their vehicles in the vicinity of Muneshwers on Water Street for an hour yesterday, while daring staff of the parking meter company to take action against them.
Agriculture Minister Noel Holder yesterday told Wales sugar workers that GuySuCo and the Guyana Rice Development Board (GRDB) are about to conclude a pact where the GRDB will provide funding for a seed paddy project and in a few days land preparation will restart, allowing them another work option.
A Better Hope man, who was injured in an accident after his motorcycle was struck from behind along the Le Ressouvenir, East Coast Demerara Railway Embankment Road on Monday night, has succumbed.
Randy Seepersaud, 22, the driver of the car that slammed into a utility pole on Phagwah night at Borlam Turn, Corentyne, resulting in the death of his friend, has been charged with causing death and driving under the influence.
The charge against Dwayne Griffith, the teen driver accused of causing the death of Buxton mother Nerisa Spencer last year, was yesterday dismissed after a financial settlement between the two families.